SOAR Regional Lead Latin America
Nossa área SOAR (Pesquisa de Resistência aos Antibióticos) caracteriza-se por ser vital para mitigar o crescimento e o impacto da resistência a antibióticos através da geração de dados locais de vigilância antibiótica. Fazemos isso usando nossa expertise e escala para coletar dados de vigilância antibiótica sobre a suscetibilidade de patógenos que causam infecções adquiridas na comunidade em países onde os dados de resistência podem ser escassos.
Our SOAR (Survey of Antibiotic Resistance) area characterizes by being vital to mitigating the growth and impact of antibiotic resistance through generating local antibiotic surveillance data. We do this by using our expertise and scale to gather antibiotic surveillance data on the susceptibility of pathogens that cause community-acquired infections in countries where resistance data can be scarce.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career and work with Global SOAR Lead to generate high quality local susceptibility data against key pathogens. This will include lead to the design of antibiotic surveillance studies in an area, choice of appropriate sites and investigators, getting required local approvals to run the study, managing and supporting in-stream, cascading study results and troubleshooting
Main responsibilities will include:
1. To work closely with Global SOAR-Lead to get timely:
- ABAC (anti-bribery and corruption) / COI (conflict of interest) checks for each author
- Data dissemination plans for each area
- Approval of study reports in each country
- Approval of manuscripts in each country v
2. To work closely with Global SOAR Lead and Area Medical Leads to proactively incorporate SOAR data into strategic co-creation plans.
3. To serve as an area microbiology expert and antibiotic resource for countries and maintain a high level of knowledge in the areas of microbiological science/technology and antibiotics (GSK and non-GSK, marketed and in development), and to provide internal/external training as appropriate.
4. To be an internal & external speaker to disseminate published SOAR data.
5. To be accountable for ALL aspects of site management including ensuring completion and delivery of all local activities required to ensure high quality set up, execution and completion of studies to agreed timelines and budget.
6. Build effective long-term collaborative relationships, and to uphold the reputation of GSK.
7. To perform site evaluations and provide recommendations on site selection, study initiation, data collection, site close-out activities for assigned sites.
8. Communicate progress and relevant study information or escalate issues of the study to the local study management team and other key stakeholders e.g. Manager as appropriate.
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
• Experience in Clinical microbiology (MD/M.Sc and/or Ph.D. in Clinical Microbiology)
• Project management skills
• Good English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced/expert level of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook)
• Available and willing to travel as job requires
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus:
• Spanish knowledge is preferred
• Able to work within teams and independently.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and responsibilities of increasing scope and complexity; strong planning & organizational skills, and the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Recognizes potential obstacles and works to resolve them within set timelines, takes responsibility for own actions.
• Respects confidentiality.
• Proactive, conscientious and precise in delivery of quality work even when under pressure
• Effective at analyzing and escalating issues, solving problems and resolving conflicts in a timely manner.
• Flexible with high learning and change agility
• Collaborative, building strong internal and external relationships.
If you feel this is your next career move, please apply up to January 31st, 2018.